SciAps Z-903 Portable LIBS Analyzer. The Z is the world’s only handheld offering elemental micro-analysis in the field. Users may set up the raster to a grid pattern, using the 100 um laser spot size for elemental heat mapping point-by-point. For bulk samples, the Z can be set to average results from every raster location for a bulk sample result, just like handheld XRF analysis.
One analyzer, every element
– The Z-903 accomplishes what no other portable analyzer has done. It’s a handheld analyzer that measures every element in the periodic table of the elements – from H to U.
– It uses the same powerful laser as SciAps other Z-900 models, but with an extended spectrometer range from 190 nm out to 950 nm.
– The extended range allows emission lines from elements H, F, N, O, Br, Cl, Rb, Cs and S to be measured. These lines cannot be measured with the other Z-900 series analyzers.
– There are other benefits to the extended range. For example, it measures a more sensitive line for lithium near 675 nm to achieve limits of detection in the 2-5 ppm range.
– It also measures a more sensitive, and interference-free line for potassium (K). The more traditional potassium lines have heavy iron interference, whereas the line used by the Z-903 is free of such interference.
Complete user control
The laser strike pattern, cleaning shots, spectrometer settings are all under user control. The analyzer includes advanced software for modifying all settings, comparing spectral data, and for generating quantitative calibration curves. The Z-903 features the same Android OS and intuitive App-driven software as all other SciAps models.
In use globally
The Z-903 is most widely used for mineral exploration including lithium in both hard rock and brines. It is also used in forensics, authentication, archeology and oil/gas exploration due to the wide elemental range.
Get Both With ONEBOX
Pair any Z Series with our industry-leading XRF unit and get optimal analysis across every element in the periodic table and every sample type. Same batteries, cables, chargers and other accessories.
LIBS: Analyze elements XRF can’t test: Li, Be, B, C, F, Na and more. Improved performance on Mg, Ca, K compared to XRF. Microanalysis with 100 um laser spot size.
XRF: Great for transition and heavy metals. Easy to use, especially on bulk, soil, and ore type materials.